Google Pay™️ will be available on a merchant's checkout when the device being used supports it. This is primarily Google supported web browsers (e.g. Chrome) and Android mobile devices.
Google Pay™️ functions similarly to how standard credit and debit cards function with the checkout. For example:
- Mastercard and Visa cards are accepted
- 3D secure payments can still function if 1) requested via the pay order API, and 2) is supported by the card type returned from Google
- Card authorisations can still be performed if so desired
- Google Pay™️ Web developer documentation ( https://developers.google.com/pay/api/web/ )
- Google Pay™️ Web integration checklist ( https://developers.google.com/pay/api/web/guides/test-and-deploy/integration-checklist )
- Google Pay™️ Web Brand Guidelines ( https://developers.google.com/pay/api/web/guides/brand-guidelines )